In accordance with the recognized business model, the ESDS ensures access only to the electronic document signed in a safe and secure environment as defined by the National Bank of Georgia. In practice it means use of electronic signature, which:
- Is performed in accordance with the Policy of the National Bank of Georgia “On Security of Use of Electronic Signatures; and
- Is performed with the electronic ID of a citizen of Georgia;
In order to ensure safe and secure environment for creating electronic signatures, National Bank of Georgia deems as sufficiently secure the signature performed in accordance with the Regulation # 190/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Thus, the ESDS provides for access to the electronic document certified by the “Advanced Electronic Signature”.
“Advanced electronic signature” certifying the document received via the ESDS is performed and uses:
- Biometric data of the signature, which is used as data identifying the signature thereto;
- Digital signature, issuer of which (Certification Authority) is recognized by the National Bank of Georgia as a Trusted Service Provider;
- Cryptographic Time Stamp, the signatory at which is deemed by the National Bank of Georgia as a Trusted Service Provider;